Are you self-motivated and enjoy being part of a busy team? Do you have excellent minute taking skills? Do you have a keen attention to detail?
If you can answer yes to these questions then you may be just the person we are looking for!
West Berkshire Children and Family Services are looking to recruit a Business Support Administrator who will provide a consistent, reliable and high quality administration service to our Family Safeguarding West Team, based in West Street House, Newbury. This vacancy is for 30 hours per week over four days Tuesday to Friday.
Tasks will include:
- Provide support to a team of social workers and family support workers
- Assist the Business Support Officer in the management of the team finances including petty cash, processing purchase orders and invoices.
- Arrange meetings, prepare and distribute agendas and take minutes
- Handle a range of telephone and personal enquiries from internal and external customers and contacts, referring to others as appropriate
- Maintain and update client files and records on Care Director
- Have a good working knowledge of IT systems and excellent keyboard skills
- Produce and format a range of documents, including letters, reports, presentations ensuring that they are accurate and well-presented meeting specifications and deadlines
The ideal applicant will be self-motivated and resilient and able to work well in a team. You will also need the ability to prioritise your own workload whilst maintaining a high level of accuracy.
This role has been identified as public facing in accordance with Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2017; the requirement to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence in English applies.
West Berkshire Council offer excellent employment benefits such as flexible working, access to a wide range of relevant training, local government pension scheme, family friendly policies, a range of local discounts and much more. You will also be entitled to a generous annual leave entitlement of 26 days per annum rising to a maximum of 34 days, depending on how long you’ve worked for us and the grade of your job.
Good communication skills, both written and verbal are essential.
Interviews will take place on the 28th November 2019
If you require any further information about this post, please contact Julie Povey on 01635 519785.
The Council supports Equal Opportunity of employment, and positively encourages applications from people who fall within any of the nine protected characteristics under the Equality Act 2010.
How to apply
Please complete an online application form.
This privacy notice applies to job applicants applying for vacancies with West Berkshire Council https://www.westberks.gov.uk/pnapplications